The Advent wreath celebration has a long tradition as a family observance. It begins with the blessing of the wreath at the evening meal on the Saturday before the first Sunday of Advent. One by one a new candle is lit throughout the month of December. Then on Christmas Day, the colored candles are replaced with the white candles, which are burned until the ceremony concludes with the Feast of Epiphany.
The Advent Starter Kit Includes a traditional, simple advent ring + the advent candles needed to celebrate the season
- One (1) Set of Four (4)
- 11.5" Advent Candles - 3 Purple & 1 Pink OR 10" LED Advent Candles in Wax Casing - 3 Purple & 1 Pink
- One (1) 10" Gold Metal Advent Candle Ring
- Candle Holders are adjustable and bend opened/closed to fit base of candles
- Wax Candle Specifics:
- 11.5"H x 0.88" Diam.
- Estimated burn time: 4-5 Hours
- LED Candle Specifics:
- LED technology allows these candles to be reused for decades*!
- Wax casing gives the appearance of traditional candle, yet its safer alternative and offers no messy wax problems
- Simply twist the base to "light" the candle
- Each requires 2 AAA Batteries - not included
- *Approximately 50,000 hours, 50x longer than the typical incandescent
Due to the nature of the dipping process involved in making taper candles, base size may slightly vary.